Monday, August 13, 2012

S.S. Pope

Another successful summer fun filled weekend!

10/08/2012 Outside Velvet Club
Despite having to start my weekend by going to the dentist (and having two cavities - I'm so ashamed!), it turned out pretty damn good. Gerard and Dave came over on Friday and we drank India and shooted the shit. Despite Dave stating several times that he would not be going downtown that evening, after about 3 beers he was more than insistent on it. I wasn't so sure myself but then after finding out that Mofo was down there I had no choice. What/Who is Mofo you ask? Only one of the best human beings to ever exist! She was one of my best friends before I left for Ireland (which seems like a lifetime ago), but due to life being life we were never in the same place for the past 3 years. However, now she is back in my fair city and I couldn't be more pleased. How could this summer get possibly any sweeter? Well.....

Me and Sierra have had this plan to buy a kiddie pool and put it in my backyard , and we were dead set on doing that this past Saturday. However, after going and calling every store in St. John's that could possibly sell a kiddie pool we admitted defeat that there were just none let in the city (Damn the DRC's of St. John's!). ALL HOPE WAS NOT LOST THOUGH! We decided to go swimming in this pond that Maddison told us about up in Torbay and thought we'd swing by Canadian Tire first to see if could find some sort of flotation device. And did we ever. I present to you, the S.S. Pope:


A fine vessel indeed. The skies even cleared up for us and we rowed,chatted and floated among the pond. We finished the excursion with a tasty old feed of Rustlers, which is amazingly delicious if you were not aware. An epic journey indeed! I decided against going out that night because I was so tired from rowing and thought I'd just cash in on a solid night's sleep... Unfortunately life had other plans for me.


Delicious Rustlers Feed - Pics stolen from Sierra!
I was attacked by a wasp in my sleep.

Yes, it's as horrifying as it sounds. That little fucker went under my blanket and of course when I awoke to this I started flailing everywhere which he wasn't down with so he stung me FOUR times. It was immensely painful, and I wasn't able to sleep much that night, or morning. 




The next day I wasn't about to let some effing wasp ruin my almost perfect weekend so I continued on with my summer fun. 
I went up to my Dad's house because my sister is home for a visit and we went Blueberry/Raspberry picking, and let me tell you, those berries are as tasty as ever. During the picking the weather started to get really warm so we decided to head down to the river for a Flatrock swim, and Papa Pope even came! I can't remember for the life of the last time the three of us went swimming together, it was truly a special pope family moment : )

After all that adventuring I still managed to come home and clean up my room, AND updated the picture collage in the hallway. That's one for the checklist! Later that night me and Sierra attempted to go watch the meteor shower, but it was too overcast to see anything (surprise, surprise) so we watched Blossom instead. Which is pretty much just as awesome as a meteor shower.

Despite the wasp stings and the immense pain I am suffering from it today, it was a very lovely weekend, one that makes you really appreciate everything you have in the world : )

No comments:

Post a Comment