Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Newfie Penguins.

In this past week I've actually lost two very monumental thing's. I knew that both of these were coming for a long time but I didn't know when, and unfortunately they landed at the same time!

1. Joey. Okay, it's not like he's lost out to sea, but he is no longer officially residing Chez Pope, which is a tragedy of its own. 3 years me and this boy have been roommates, and I am really going to miss him. I've decided against getting another 4th roommate for multiple reasons, so instead Smitty will be officially getting his own space (which he desperately needs) and I am going to foster a rabbit to cope with the pain. 

2. SUBARU POPE. This one is a little more tragic, because it is genuinely gone forever. A gasket blew in the engine and it would cost more to fix then its worth so unfortunately Old Subaru will be cannibalized for parts and melted down into another life. I actually had a lot of trouble coming to terms with this, as besides the engine there were so many good thing's in the car but it still had basically no value. On the bright side, St. John's air and noise pollution has since seen a 50% decrease :P AND my beyond-amazing-words-can't-explain-boyfriend has insured yours truly on his truck. Which is basically his most prized possession so I am more then honored to say the least. So now I drive a truck, which is silly, and actually more efficient then my car, so yay.

Besides these two events, it was another lovely week/weekend. Smitty and Joey were both home at the same time which is basically like a solar eclipse so we had a going away/birthday party to celebrate on Friday. Unfortunately it pissed poured rain but we still managed to have a good time, and I woke up next to Smitty and Sierra, which is awesome.



On Saturday myself, Dan, Smit & Christina drove out to Bay Bulls to go on a boat tour we had scheduled but to our surprise it was cancelled! That didn't stop us though, we ventured out to Brigue to get some world-famous E&E's, paid 2$ to get into the Cupid's Cupers Soiree, and explored the historic town of Cupids (400+ years!)

On Sunday we attempted the boat tour again, this time with Sierra (WIN) and it went ahead! And they had beer! Triple win! The boat was INTENSE though,but the beer actually helped a lot (somehow). It was cute, and we got to see puffins, also known as Newfie Penguins


It was a good weekend. Now Smitty is gone again (hate Every 3rd Tuesday for this reason!) but he just got a call to go to work in long harbor finally!! Of course he would the day he's flying back to Alberta... but that's just life! My good friend Laura is also coming back into St. John's today, and she brought the sunshine with her! Many more happy days to come

Love,

Lora




1 comment: