Saturday, December 1, 2012

Highlights of the fall.

 Dear journal,

My experience this summer has only reinforced my believe that I am MEANT to be working 9-5. Life this summer was happy, lovely, and full of blog posts. I am sorry for not posting this fall. It was not that it was bad, I was just once again consumed by school life. You go to school, go to work, go to the gym, and come home and go back to school work. Not to mention the endless application for jobs (more on that later), and the shorter days don't help either. But their is no one to blame but myself, I will try my best to make more journal over the winter season, but who are we kidding? Do expect some over the holidays though : ). Anyways, here are my highlights of the fall:

BUNNY! Yes, I got a bun bun. I originally only intended to foster one but after a couple of weeks of falling in love with Mr. Peter Cottonpants, they called me to tell me someone else wanted to adopt him. Oh. I couldn't let him go, so needless to say Mullock is now + one buns! How could I ever him away though? I MEAN LOOK.




In September I took a weekend trip around the bay with my Dad. He bought a fixer-upper house in Old Bonaventure so I went up to keep him company for the weekend. Boat rides, hiking, blueberry picking and endless cups of tea. It was pretty special.









Another annual Stephenville family thanksgiving! What's left of the fam got together and cooked a delicious feast up, well, Smitty and Sarah did. And Sarah made the best cupcakes ever. Please make them again.

Halloween was also pretty great. Pre-halloween involved carving pupkins with Mofo, Mckayla, Smitty and visits from Alex, Nevada and beautiful baby Brynja! For Halloween weekend Smitty went hardcore on decorating the house (note all the figures in costumes) and we had the first Mullock halloween party! I also had my first couple costume experience (Leela and Fry from futurama):











Other then that my fall weekends were filled with usual drink shenanigans downtown with the bys, and some special nights at Flatrock.


















Those are the three events that really stick out to me. My fall was very consumed with an international marketing group project, in which we exported Moose meat to Argentina. On the bright side, we got an incredible mark and my prof gave us the "best project award", so that means he will be taking our group out for victory nachos and beers next week. Pretty sick. School went really well overall this term, I have some exams left but so far my lowest mark in anything has been an 84 so I am expecting to do pretty well. I am now done my courses that I need 'officially' for my degree, but I am sticking around for another term to complete my marketing concentration and psych minor. I have started to job hunt and it's really shitty. I am glad that I got ahead of the game and some good thing's have happened like getting a mentor and getting a few leads, but I am actually going to miss being a student so much. I even like group projects now, I guess where I am with more mature students who have the same interests as me. I am also really going to miss my free gym membership and health insurance. Growing up is scary.

Talk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment