Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's been a while.

Oh hello there blog.

So kind of you to wait around for me to write an entry. I know, I know, I'm the worst. I did attempt some sort of overseas blog but I'm going to blame the failure of that on New Zealand's internet seriously being stuck in the 90's... it took all my bandwidth just to load a picture! I swear! Anyways, no more excuses now that I'm back in the land of unlimited data.

New Zealand was SWEET AS. I miss it a lot (mainly the people), but I am happy to be back home in Newf. Life here has been amazing since I got back actually. Besides the global world collapsing around me, life in my little bubble is doing better then ever. I was worried about getting a job because I came back at an awkward time in the summer but I lucked into getting one at this awesome organization, the Community Sector Council. I wanted office experience and to be getting that at an organization that is actually helping society is just the cherry on the cake! Or however that saying goes.On top of that, the weather has been AMAZING. Best summer I've seen in St. John's in years, so that adds a lot of happiness (and my garden is kicking ass!) Been hanging out with a lot of friends, new and old, and even rekindling some burnt bridges : ). Smitty had to go back to Alberta, but he got a really good shift with travel money so he's home every two weeks which is really nice. My mom got married last weekend and I now I have about 20 new awesome family members! Life is just good, I haven't been this happy in a long time. Now if we could just solve all those economic, environmental, and social problems.....

Thanks to Sarah we finally got some awesome roommate pictures!!



No comments:

Post a Comment